Monday, September 9, 2013

A Man and his Pipe

Leaning back anthropomorph
I’m happy to take this time to unwind
And sip from Briarwood Amphora--

Pipe

Gug gurgle phwip
Puff phwup pffuff

L.b a
--The ambrosial curling milk from tooth-marked mouthpiece
That uplifts me on whirling grey-white nimbus.

Pipe
Pth pth pffrolickth
Gripth the glad fumes--

L.b a
Your wispy Cavendish winds enwrap my whims
and rebirth them into fluid reflections that float above the earth.

Pipe
--And intake: my nicotine
bestows the dopamine you desire!
Sit and make ritual; succumb to relaxation.
Stain your fingers, nails, hairs,
and grip my cusp with lips and tongue
so that my vapor seeps into your lungs!

L.b a
Tired now, I return amphora to drughm hick hmph
sptoo! chest pocket.

Tonight I may choke on pleghm
Or tomorrow my insides sprout thicket of tumors

But I do not fear death
and will experience excitement.

Pipe
Thump-crack.
I stained your shirt.


No comments:

Post a Comment